Blog

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Sewing for Fall


Sneak preview of fall caught on my run today

Things I've learned from my month post-move:
  1. My new office and classroom are freezing.  Need to wear layers.
  2. Fall will come a little later in the South, so I have some time to prep for fall sewing.
  3. My laptop is *just* too big to fit in my purse and comfortably tote it around all day.

I'll try to be realistic and not make a crazy-long list, since I just started grad school and am trying to be responsible and all.  With that said, here is my list for fall sewing:
  • Julia Cardigan
  • Grad school bag
  • Archer button-down in white
  • Birthday presents for some special ladies in my life (don't want to give anything away!)
  • Fall napkins
My goal is to complete these projects by, say, Thanksgiving. I'm trying to adapt to this new grad school lifestyle, and not buy too much new fabric, or too many new patterns, so some stash busting will hopefully be involved. 

I may or may not have already gotten a head start on one or two of these projects before getting around to writing this post, so I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll be successful with at least part of my list. 

There will probably be other projects along the way, too, since I can be a little impulsive, and sewing is a great procrastination technique. :-) Check this space for some completed makes soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment