Blog

Friday, October 3, 2014

Gifted Julia Cardigan Plus Labels!

Hi guys!  I'm back with another Julia Cardigan today.  You can check out my first wearable muslin version in this post. This version isn't for me, it's actually for my sister-in-law.  She's not technically my sister-in-law, but for all intents and purposes, she is...




Heather is a little smaller than me, so for this make, I printed out the pattern again and cut out size extra small (I made size small for myself). As you can see, I made the long-sleeve version.  Adding sleeves only adds about 15 minutes to the process of making this sweater.  I'm getting better at putting in sleeves. Yay!


Other than that, the construction is the same as the first version.  I used the double-layered hem again, so there was no hemming involved.  Winning. The fabric was from my stash.  I really have no idea what it's made out of, but it seems to go just fine through the washer and dryer. Pretty essential if you ask me.  The fabric has a subtle metallic pattern to it, which you can see in the close up below. It is slightly thicker and has less drape than most sweater fabric, which I actually like.  It makes this somewhere between a cardigan and a jacket.  More on the cardigan side, but it has enough structure that it can be dressed up or down. 


You can't see it very well in the pictures above, but there's been something a little different about this make and my last.   They have my very own label in them!! For my birthday, I asked for some sewing labels.  I was envisioning the generic "This took forever" types from around the web, but my mom went overboard (in the best possible way) and got me my very own customized labels. They are woven, not printed, so they seem really legit.  It's not what everyone wants for their 25th birthday, but they're perfect for me!


I promise I'll have something on an actual human again soon. It's more exciting to look at clothes when they're on people, but sometimes it's nice to make things for other people too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment