Blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

What I'm Working on Wednesday, September 10

I've got a ton of projects going on right now, so I thought I'd give a sneak peek of a few of them.


In my last post on sewing for fall, I mentioned that I wanted to sew a white button-up shirt.  I'm currently working on a muslin of the Archer pattern, using fabric from a thrifted sheet.  So far it's going pretty well (minus the inverted pleat in the back).  This is definitely the best collar I've ever made.

What's left is finishing up the collar, attaching the cuffs, and the buttons/button holes and then adjusting any fit issues.  I've already bought fabric for my real version, so hopefully I can finish up the muslin soon!


I've also been working on some birthday presents.  This is a sneak peak of a surprise garment for my niece, complete with French seams and a hand-sewn hem.  Baby couture! Since she's turning two, and clearly can't ready yet, I feel safe posting a picture on here.  The others will stay secret for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment