Blog

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Dusty rose Julia Cardigan



This is actually my second version of the Julia Cardigan.  I got a little eager and posted my tan, gifted version last week, but that was my third version.  You can find my first short-sleeved version here


This version is very similar to the version posted last week, so I don't have a whole lot to say.  Again, this version was sewn with long sleeves and the doubled hem option. 


It took me just 2 hours to piece together once the pieces were cut out. I used far less than 2 3/4 yards the pattern called for--and it's a good thing because I only bought 2 yards!


This dusty rose-colored fabric is a rayon knit from Joann's. The fabric was cut pretty off-grain, so I was a little worried that the pieces wouldn't all fit, but I was able to eek them all out, and it falls pretty naturally.  


With the weather getting cooler, I've been wearing this version quite a bit.  The fabric is pretty light, so it's a nice layering piece.  It's comforting to just throw it in my bag and know I'll have something to keep me warm all day long.


Speaking of bags... I just finished up my new school bag.  I can't wait to take some pictures and show you soon!


Abstract
Fabric: Dusty rose rayon knit from Joann's
Cost: 2 yards of fabric @ $9/yard -15% coupon = $15.46
Time: 2 hours to assemble plus additional time to cut fabric

No comments:

Post a Comment