Blog

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What I'm Working on Wednesday April 9

For the past week or so i've been working on a flirty purple spring dress. The pattern is McCall's M6507.  This is my first time making it.  The bodice has a cowl neck and low cut back with a horizontal strap, and is paired with a flared out skirt. Here's the line drawing from the pattern.


No one else will have a dress like this. The fabric I'm using used to be a sheet.  I bought it for $6 at Goodwill, specifically for this dress.  I love the lilac color and petal stripes. The dress also features tucks on the skirt, as you can see in the picture below.


So far I've prepped all of the pieces, including stitching the tucks and hem.  Next I need to put it all together.  I hope to finish up this weekend, so that I'll have a new spring dress to wear in the 80 degree weather next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment