Blog

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Coral Cambie

This is Sewaholic's very popular Cambie dress.  After admiring other renditions for months (years?), I decided to make one of my own.  It features pockets, a sweet-heart neckline and gathers where the cap sleeves meet the bodice.  I chose to make the version with the straight skirt.


The fabric is a printed cotton of some sort from Etsy. It turns out that the shop that I bought from is in the same neighborhood as my office, so I was able to pick up the fabric in person and meet the nice sellers.


This is the first dress that I made with a full lining. I used a champagne-colored Bemberg rayon fabric. The lining fabric didn't come from Etsy.  I'm not quite sure where I picked it up. Here you can see the back, including the zipper.  The zipper is supposed to be invisible, and is in fact an invisible zipper, but I was not completely successful at installing it invisibly.  My little brother got me an invisible zipper foot, though, so hopefully my next attempt at an invisible zipper is more successful.


This dress seems a little too formal for my office, so I haven't worn it in real life yet. I think it would be great for a wedding or a garden party.  I'm hoping for some garden party invites in my near future. For now, here are pictures in a garden. 




Abstract
Fabric: Coral cotton print from Fabrics and Trimmings on Etsy (appears to no longer be available)
Materials: 2 yards of outer fabric, 2 yards of lining, and one invisible zipper
Time: One long weekend



No comments:

Post a Comment