Blog

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

What I'm Working on Wednesdays

This is my first post in a weekly Wednesday series on my current in-progress projects.  Normally I work on one project at a time, but right now I'm working on three different projects. Here's a sneak peek at each:

Couture Dress
As a Christmas present, my dad enrolled me in an online class on Craftsy called The Couture Dress.  This class teaches high-end couture techniques using a Vogue pattern (my first Vogue pattern!). By the end of the class I'll have a custom-fitted dress made "the right way" with no shortcuts. So far, I've gotten as far as making a muslin, a test-run if you will.  It's made out of plain white fabric and has markings all over it.  Here's what it looks like so far.

Front (Sorry, the lighting in my apartment is terrible)
Back

Wrap Dress
The second project I'm working on is a knit wrap dress.  I've had this pattern for a while now.  I made the shirt from the pattern before, but this will be my first time making the dress.  The fabric is an abstract print with black, brown, blue, white, and orange.

McCall's 6519
At this point, I've cut out my pattern pieces and need to put them together.
Cut-out pieces

Baby Pinafores
Last, but not least (except in amount of fabric!) I'm working on a series of dresses for little girls.  There are three different dresses, each with two complementing fabrics. The dresses are pinafores because they are open in the back.  The pattern I'm using is from another blog, Smashed Peas and Carrots, complete with tutorial. 

So many colors!

These dresses are for friends of a friend, and should be finished this weekend! 

So, that's what I've been up to.  I'm hoping to make a lot of progress on the wrap dress and baby dresses this weekend.  I'm a little stuck on the couture dress, because I just can't decide what fabric to use!


No comments:

Post a Comment